[ASA] Support National Science Week - tweet your workplace [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Australian SKA Office ska at industry.gov.au
Thu Aug 8 14:55:50 AEST 2019

Dear all

This is a call out to everybody in the astronomical community (and beyond) that has a background in STEM.

To celebrate National Science Week from 10-18 August, you're invited to help promote STEM study by posting a selfie or 30 second video on Twitter showing you in your workplace (whether it be a lab, research site, classroom, office or wherever).

We want to encourage the next generation of scientists and researchers by showing Australia that there are no limits to where STEM can take you.

Make sure you include the hashtags #scienceweek and #STEMgotmehere. And follow us at @SKA_Australia as we'll be retweeting all your magnificent efforts.

Here are a couple of examples of tweets you could adapt:

*         Not all science takes place in labs. My job is to xxxxxxxxx. #scienceweek #STEMgotmehere

*         A science background can take you anywhere in the world. Here I am at xxxxxxxxx #scienceweek #STEMgotmehere

More information is in the attached document.

Let's show everyone what a vibrant and diverse community we have.

Regards

SKA and Astronomy Branch
Department of Industry, Innovation and Science

UNCLASSIFIED