[ASA] Impact of COVID19 shutdown on ESO P105 successful proposals and upcoming Users Committee Meeting (29-30 April)

Caroline Foster caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au
Fri Apr 17 15:21:28 AEST 2020

Good afternoon everyone,

Please forward this email to all interested parties.

I email you all as the Australian ESO Users Committee representative.

I forward below an email from ESO regarding the treatment of successful P105 proposals. ESO has decided that observations lost during P105 would not be compensated even for A-ranked programs. Successful P105 PIs are asked to resubmit their proposal with the mention that they were successful in P105 (see details in the email below). This does not apply to large programs, which will be carried over.

Given that the UC poll has already closed, I am keen to hear your thoughts on this decision, or indeed any aspect of your ESO user experience by private email. The ESO Users Committee meeting is coming up on 29-30 April, so please do send me any concerns so I may best represent your views at this year’s meeting.

Clear skies!

Best, Caroline
--
Dr Caroline Foster
ASTRO3D Fellow & ESO Users Committee Representative

360B, A28 | The University of Sydney | NSW |
+61 286 276 411  | +61 430 453 532
caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au<mailto:caroline.foster at sydney.edu.au>  | www.carofoster.com<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/3HkMCgZ0N1iNrOpEFNLmun?domain=carofoster.com>

Usual office days: Monday and Friday (@USyd), Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (until 2:30pm)

INSPIRED – the Campaign to support the University of Sydney
sydney.edu.au/inspired<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/NPj_CjZ1N7iA2KPoSRdHDw?domain=sydney.edu.au>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this email if necessary.

Begin forwarded message: