[ASA] ASA 2021 meeting next week

Christian Reichardt christian.reichardt at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jul 9 15:33:12 AEST 2021

Hello ASA members and registrants for the ASA AGM,

Covid Update
Recent events are certainly keeping we meeting organisers on our toes!! The hubs in Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne, and Perth are proceeding in-person. Please double-check your hubs venues, as some have had to shift due to capacity restrictions. Unfortunately, the Brisbane and Sydney hubs have had to move to online-only. We will be automatically processing refunds for the registration differences at the canceled hubs after the event (you do not need to do anything now).

Code of Conduct:
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the code of conduct <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/J8N5CANpgjCNmBwj5uGyxJd?domain=blogs.unimelb.edu.au> and follow it throughout the meeting.

 Posters:
Poster submissions are now up at this page <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/281QCBNqjlC7Z0wvNh6YiHZ?domain=blogs.unimelb.edu.au>. The videos will be added shortly. Take a look at the awesome submissions by your fellow conference goers.

Talks:
The talks begin at 9am AWST/11am AEST Monday. The full schedule can be browsed here <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/aXqaCD1vlpT56wEXZTAV3RV?domain=blogs.unimelb.edu.au> (the schedule also has zoom links to each session for online participants) —  navigate to the appropriate days tab to see the talks for that day. Speakers should have already received information on logistics around computers and slides from their local hub.

Slack:
The preferred question channel during the conference is via slack. You can join the conference slack here <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/vOz_CE8wmrt3AOvBjuPJ0Pb?domain=join.slack.com>. There are channels for each plenary and parallel session. You can also request IT support if needed in #technical-support .

Coffee socials:
We have scheduled glimpse video chats for the breaks without chapter meetings or other sessions. The icebreaker for Monday afternoon is “What is your science?”, and will pair Observers, Instrumentalists and Theorists. The session starts <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/HwvJCGv0oyC1yEDw9hk3mIs?domain=app.joinglimpse.com> at 3:25pm AEST (1:25pm AWST).

Cheers
Christian (on behalf of the LOC)