[ASA] Pleiades Awards: Applications Closing Soon!

asa idea asa.ideastronomy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 02:03:53 AEDT 2023

Dear Everyone,

This email serves as a reminder that the *Pleiades Awards application round
closes at 5pm (AEDT) on Friday, 10th February 2023! *

*The Pleiades Awards application requires a draft of the application to be
circulated to all staff and post-graduate students at least two weeks in
advance of submission. * We trust that this has, or is occurring and the
ASA-IDEA Chapter Steering Committee is encouraging you to actively engage
with your organisation’s application.

*We note that the application process, including a process for assessing
unsolicited additional information, is detailed in the Pleiades Awards:
Instruction for Applicants document
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Ff-QCOMKzVTAKwPmWUEXPgX?domain=asa-idea.org>*
*.* *To simplify the submission of unsolicited information, we now provide
a Google form
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Vs7zCP7LAXf4xZDEpf0pFH2?domain=docs.google.com>
that allows for anonymous feedback. *

Please see the IDEA Chapter website <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/b0jYCQnMBZf6W9Dj0FMb_aq?domain=asa-idea.org> for more
information on the awards and important dates:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/YF0wCROND2urLQKq2fOn-xB?domain=asa-idea.org.  Any
questions can be sent to: asa.ideastronomy at gmail.com.

The Pleiades Awards scheme aims to encourage organisations to promote
equity and inclusion of all people, and to actively support currently
marginalised groups (including those of diverse ethnicities, gender
identities, sexual orientations, religions, and disabilities).

Key components to achieving the goal of equity and inclusion within an
organisation include adopting practices that promote awareness of
unconscious bias, encourage full participation of a diverse population of
people at all levels of professional life, and highlight the importance of
work-life balance. The ASA-IDEA Chapter believes that transparency and
communication within organisations are key to achieving this goal.

We look forward to receiving and reviewing the Pleiades Awards applications
with results announced in mid-May 2023.

Thank you for engaging with the ASA-IDEA Chapter.

Kind regards,

Devika Kamath

On behalf of the ASA-IDEA Chapter Steering Committee

*The IDEA Chapter Steering Committee*
asa-idea.org