[ASA] ASA Early Career Researcher Chapter "Speed meet-a-mentor" registration

Marcin Glowacki marcin.glowacki at curtin.edu.au
Fri Jun 16 14:05:56 AEST 2023

Dear ASA members,

The ASA Early Career Researcher Steering Committee will be hosting the second virtual “speed meet-a-mentor” event of the year, on Tuesday 27th June (1:00 PM AEST/11:00 AM AWST). The event will be an online version of the popular in-person “speed mentoring” events held at ASA meetings in previous years, in which mentees and mentors are randomly paired to network and chat for a few minutes at a time.

As before, we will run the event using Glimpse, an online platform that allows mentees to be matched with mentors for one-on-one video calls. We will start with a Zoom call for instructions, and after the Glimpse sessions return to Zoom for a group chat. Everyone is welcome, from students to professors, and anyone can sign up to be a mentee, a mentor, or both! The event is also open to non-ASA members - feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested.

Please register for the event here by Friday 23rd June: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/5gRoCOMKzVTN3qjM5sETzfp?domain=forms.gle

Kind regards,

Marcin Glowacki, on behalf of the ASA ECR steering committee