[ASA] Inviting applications for ICRAR Visiting Fellowship for Senior Women+ in Astronomy

Elisabete Lima da Cunha 00100719 at uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 28 17:33:23 AEST 2023

Dear ASA members,

ICRAR is committed to supporting women+ in astronomical sciences and technology, and we are pleased to invite applications for the ICRAR Visiting Fellowship for Senior Women+ in Astronomy for 2024.

Please find detailed information here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/jUtlCK1DvKTDmMJORfM1DzA?domain=icrar.org. Please also find attached the fellowship flyer.

The main objectives of the fellowship are to:

  *   Create opportunities for young researchers at ICRAR, particularly women+, to learn career development and work-life balance strategies from potential senior role models.
  *   Enable scientific interaction between early career researchers and graduate students, particularly women+, with senior academic visitors.
  *   Explore opportunities for developing mentoring relations.
  *   Enrich the research environment at ICRAR.
  *   Create opportunities to foster national and international collaborations.

The Fellow is expected to take part in a range of mutually discussed and agreed activities in line with the objectives of the Fellowship and spend time at both ICRAR nodes (UWA and Curtin).

What the Fellowship provides

ICRAR will offer one fellowship per calendar year and will provide:

  *   $5,000 per months for two months for living and accomodation expenses,
  *   Travel assistance of up to $5,000,
  *   Needs-based additional support of up to $4,000 may be provided for childcare or other required support.

Please see application procedure on link above or in the attached document.

Please contact Dr Renu Sharma (renu.sharma at uwa.edu.au<mailto:renu.sharma at uwa.edu.au>), ICRAR CoO and Director - Translation and Impact, for additional details or questions regarding this fellowship.

Applications close on September 15th, 2023, and can be submitted to fellowship at icrar.org<mailto:fellowship at icrar.org>.

We look forward to receiving applications from interested candidates.

Best regards,
Elisabete da Cunha

(on behalf of Dr Renu Sharma, ICRAR CoO and Director - Translation and Impact)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Elisabete da Cunha (she/her)

Associate Professor

International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research  • University of Western Australia
ICRAR M468, 35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley 6009, Western Australia

UWA DEI Contact Officer
Mental Health First Aid Officer
LGBTQIA+ Ally

Fellow of the Astronomical Society of Australia

***PLEASE NOTE: I work part-time (Tuesdays to Fridays) — this might delay my email replies. Thanks for understanding.
For urgent matters, please re-send your email to my personal address: beta.da.cunha at gmail.com<mailto:beta.da.cunha at gmail.com>***

We acknowledge we are situated on Noongar land, and that Noongar people remain the spiritual and cultural custodians
of their land, and continue to practise their values, languages, beliefs and knowledge.
We pay our respects to the traditional owners of the lands on which we live and work across Western Australia and Australia.