[ASA] Time Domain Astronomy - call for steering committee members

Ashley Ruiter ashley.ruiter at adfa.edu.au
Wed Oct 11 11:10:48 AEDT 2023

Dear ASA members,

We are now ready to form the Time Domain Astronomy (TDA) chapter steering committee! We have already started collecting nominations from current TDA chapter members (>40 members so far). Thank you to those TDA chapter members who have already put their hand up!

If you would like to nominate for any of the below positions, please do the following:

-Sign up for the TDA chapter if you have not already done so (instructions are below). Then: Send an email to ashley.ruiter at adfa.edu.au containing:
-which position(s) you want to apply for
-a BRIEF summary (~2-3 sentences max) as to why you think you are a good fit for the position; please include your research area/interests.
-your career stage and institution

Here are the positions up for nomination:

  *   Chair
  *   Deputy-chair
  *   General members (3-4)
  *   Early Career member (1)
  *   HDR student member (1)

Process:

 The TDA founding committee (M. Caleb, J. Cooke, M. Duldig, A. Ruiter) will assess the received nominations over the next couple of weeks.
 If it turns out that we have more nominations from suitable candidates than slots available, we will hold an election.
 Only TDA members will be able to vote in the election.

 If an election needs to occur, interested parties will need to send a short CV and a 1 page cover letter explaining in more depth why they are an excellent candidate.

 Please see the TDA landing page for more details (click the TDA tab): https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ksBfCWLVXkU6LWx2VS6Mnfi?domain=asa.astronomy.org.au

 Looking forward to your nominations!

  Ashley Ruiter - on behalf of the TDA founding committee.

Instructions on how to join the TDA Chapter of the ASA:

  1.  ‘Sign in’ via the link at the top right of any ASA web page
  2.  Login to your ASA Membership portal with your email address and password
  3.  Click ‘Edit Profile’
  4.  Scroll down to ‘Group Membership’
  5.  Select the Chapters you wish to be a member of (i.e. TDA)
  6.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Save’
  7.  Log out at the top right banner of the web page

--
Ashley J Ruiter, PhD (she/her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️
Vice President - Astronomical Society of Australia