[ASA] Ten OzGrav Postdoctoral Researcher positions available

Yeshe Fenner yeshefenner at swin.edu.au
Thu Oct 19 10:06:24 AEDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce 10 new Postdoctoral Researcher positions to work
within OzGrav, the ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave
Discovery, at locations around Australia

•         10 Postdoctoral Research opportunities (Level A & Level B
available)

•         Opportunities in locations around Australia at: University of
Sydney; University of Western Australia; Australian National University;
University of Queensland; Monash University; and Swinburne University of
Technology.

•         Join our gravitational wave-related community comprising over 200
researchers and students

•         Access to generous funding opportunities

*About the positions*

*Australian National University*: Two key roles are advertised in a
friendly, motivated team working on the two key aspects of gravitational
wave research; an Astrophysicist to conduct research in gravitational-wave
astrophysics, incorporating the latest theoretical development and data
analysis techniques, and an Astronomer to manage observing programs that
use telescopes based in Australia and overseas.

·        2 x Level A:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/oAJrCNLJyQUZYKrgJcm2WNO?domain=jobs.anu.edu.au

*University of Queensland*: One postdoctoral research position to do
fundamental physics with gravitational waves. This could include many broad
aspects of gravitational wave theory and/or cosmological applications.
Applications from all areas of gravitational wave physics/astrophysics will
be considered. Applications will be considered for appointment at either
Level A or Level B.

·        Level A or B:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/T6uCCOMKzVTNDV9BlIv39Rs?domain=uq.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com

*University of Sydney*: Two roles working on radio and multi-wavelength
studies of gravitational wave events and transient sources. One position
(at Level A) will focus on studies of the host galaxies and likely
progenitors of these events. The other (at Level B) will lead an
observational program to follow up gravitational wave events at radio and
other wavelengths.

·        Level A:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/8gYMCP7LAXf0BYrL9c1_LOJ?domain=usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com

·        Level B:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/q3fhCQnMBZfXnGEwgck31To?domain=usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com

*Swinburne University of Technology*:  Two researchers, who will lead
Centre efforts in studying and interpreting the nanohertz-frequency
gravitational wave universe using pulsar timing array data sets and
undertaking tests of fundamental physics through pulsar timing.
Applications will be considered for appointment at either Level A or Level
B.

·        2 x Level A or Level B:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/nK6fCROND2uGw9k3ofqalps?domain=swinjobs.nga.net.au

*Monash University*: Two postdoctoral research positions to do fundamental
physics and astrophysics with gravitational waves. This could include many
broad aspects of gravitational-wave theory, population synthesis,
gravitational-wave data analysis, and cosmology. Applicants from all
related areas will be considered.

·        2 x Level A:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/38FICVARKgC2VrLpmSkzLB8?domain=careers.pageuppeople.com

*University of Western Australia*: One experimental postdoc position to conduct
research primarily at the Gingin facility on experiments on the control of
the large suspended cavities, cryogenic operation of the suspended silicon
optics and related experiments.

·        Full advertisement will be available here soon:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/MEkcCWLVXkU617gnZF1CsVU?domain=external.jobs.uwa.edu.au

*About OzGrav *

OzGrav began in 2017 with a $31M grant from the Australian Research Council
and recently received a further $35M of funding to further implement and
expand our research program for another seven years. The mission of the ARC
Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav) is to use
gravitational waves to investigate the fundamental nature of relativistic
gravity, ultra-dense matter, and cosmology. By bringing together a
world-class team with broad and complementary expertise we will develop
core technologies for future detectors, discover new sources of
gravitational waves, probe fundamental physics, and lay the foundations for
an Australian gravitational wave observatory. Our Centre aims to inspire
children to pursue high tech careers and position our staff and students to
become leaders in both industry and academia.

OzGrav is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and
inclusivity for all members, colleagues, and partners. We recognise that
inequality historically and currently exists within the scientific
community across the globe. Our goal is to continue to work on ensuring our
members reflect the diversity of the community by breaking down barriers to
enable all our members to be their whole selves in the workplace. We
believe that diversity of background, identity, approach, and thought
enhances our ability to achieve a new wave of discovery, and we continually
look for ways to make the Centre more inclusive.

Some of the current initiatives OzGrav has available to support our members
are:

·        Carer Grant Scheme.

·        Generous travel funding.

·        Grants to support innovation and research translation.

·        Flexible work arrangements and hours, such as hybrid working
arrangements and part-time options available.

·        Ongoing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion training.

·        For more information on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at
OzGrav, you can find our EDI Action Plan here
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/YO1oCXLW2mU4lvyLjIMUS4h?domain=ozgrav.org>.

·        Dedicated Career Development, Outreach, and Research Translation
programs.

·        OzGrav offers flexible working options, leave, and carer policies
to support work-life balance.

*Inclusive recruitment*

We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to
recruit the most talented candidates. We strongly encourage people who
identify as women, trans, gender-diverse, LGBTQIA+, Aboriginal or Torres
Strait Islander, are living with disability, and/or are from an underserved
population to apply.

For some of these positions, priority consideration will be given to
applicants who identify as a woman, trans and/or non-binary person,
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQIA+ person, or are living with
disability (see the specific advertisements for more details).

Cheers,
Yeshe

*Dr Yeshe Fenner, PhD | Chief Operating OfficerARC Centre of Excellence for
Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav)*Swinburne University of
Technology | CRICOS
number 00111D
(Mail H74) PO Box 218 Hawthorn Vic 3122
Ph +61 3 9214 8302 | Mobile: 0430 708 995

I acknowledge and pay respect to the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation
as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which Swinburne Campuses are
located.  I also acknowledge all Aboriginal and Torres Strait nations
across Australia, their Elders, Ancestors, cultures and heritage.