[ASA] Call for SSO 2.3m Proposals

Paul Francis Paul.Francis at anu.edu.au
Mon Oct 30 10:53:02 AEDT 2023

Dear Observer,

The closing date for observing proposals for time on the ANU/RSAA 2.3m telescope at Siding Spring Observatory (SSO) in the semester 1st February 2024 - 31st July 2024 is 23:59 November 15, 2023.

Note that we are requesting proposals for a whole six-month period, rather than the usual three-month quarters. We anticipate that after this semester, future applications for the 2.3m telescope will be handled by ATAC.

The telescope will continue to run in fully automatic mode over this semester. This means that there will be more changes in the application process - see the web page at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/vi78C6XQ4LfPzX0BgCpBQMg?domain=rsaa.anu.edu.au for details.

Observing proposals must be submitted electronically via the RSAA web pages.
Full instructions are available at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/vi78C6XQ4LfPzX0BgCpBQMg?domain=rsaa.anu.edu.au.

If you have questions or technical problems in using the web-based submission process, please email tacinfo at mso.anu.edu.au<mailto:tacinfo at mso.anu.edu.au>.

Paul Francis
Chair, ANU TAC

Prof. Paul Francis (he/him)
ANU Distinguished Educator, Astrophysicist

Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics and
Physics Education Centre, Research School of Physics
ANU College of Science
Mt Stromlo Observatory and Building 160
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600

+61 6125 2824 or +61 6125 8031
paul.francis at anu.edu.au<mailto:paul.francis at anu.edu.au>
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/kuqQC71R2NTzlLVJ0tWu4r-?domain=mso.anu.edu.au

TEQSA Provider ID: PRV12002 (Australian University) | CRICOS Provider: #00120C

The Australian National University acknowledges, celebrates, and pays our respects to the Ngunnawal and Ngambri people of the Canberra region and to all First Nations Australians on whose traditional lands we meet and work, and whose cultures are among the oldest continuing cultures in human history.

ANU is working towards making all our communication accessible. Please let us know if you require this in an alternative format.