[ASA] Fw: [Africa Astronomy] Registration opens for the IAU General Assembly in August 2024

Moss, Vanessa (S&A, Marsfield) Vanessa.Moss at csiro.au
Wed Nov 1 04:54:33 AEDT 2023

Dear all,

Please see below for information regarding the opening of registration for the IAU General Assembly in 2024. The National Organising Committee led by Kevin is putting forward an innovative and inclusive vision for reimagining the nature of large conferences, and I'm really excited to see how everything comes together. On the TFOM side, we have been providing some advice on hybrid and technology platforms, and it's been great in that the approach has been evolving based on discussions we have had.

Whether you choose to attend online or in person, my sense is that this will be a really awesome GA to be part of, so definitely recommend considering being involved in some way. There's also the excellent innovation of having an open access format subsidised by the contributions of paying registrants, which is aimed to be a way of enabling astronomy access more globally and equitably than ever before.

If you have any questions about GA2024, feel free to contact the NOC directly (info at astronomy2024.org), or you can also contact me and I'll pass them on if I can't answer them directly.

Thanks, and hope many of you will take part,
Vanessa