[ASA] Nominations open for the ASA and Inclusion, Diversity and Equity in Astronomy (IDEA) Chapter Steering Committee

asa idea asa.ideastronomy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 13:56:12 AEDT 2023

Dear ASA Members,

The ASA is seeking candidates to join our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
in Astronomy (IDEA) Chapter Steering Committee for a two year term starting
in 2024:

   -

   Student Members
   -

   Level E, D, C, B, A Members (Professional and Academic)

Candidates wishing to apply to join the IDEA Steering Committee
*should be a member of, or employed by, an ASA member organisation. *

We strongly encourage participation from Aboriginal and Torres Strait
Islander people, people with disability, people from diverse faith,
cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and LGBTQIA+ identified professionals.

Please submit your Expression of Interest to asa.ideastronomy at gmail.com by COB
22nd December 2023.

*Submission Requirements:*

1. Brief biography (approximately 200 words)

2. Statement addressing the following criteria within a maximum of two
pages.

   - Your perspective on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Please indicate
   if you identify as a member of an underrepresented group.
   - Your aspirations and objectives as a committee member and your vision
   of success.
   - Relevant committee, board, and/or EDI experience.
   - Please state your ASA member organisation.

Before applying, please review the Terms of Reference
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/FMGnCGv0oyCB4ww4lhKnGg0?domain=asa-idea.org>for the Steering Committee
and the aims of the chapter <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Sx6BCJyBrGfBwxxwzhGE_ve?domain=asa-idea.org>.
The EDI Committee meets monthly (occasionally fortnightly, depending on the
IDEA Chapter plans) for 50 minutes, and more frequently to evaluate
Pleiades Award applications every second year.

For further inquiries, please contact me or any of the current IDEA Chapter
Steering Committee members.

We look forward to receiving your Expression of Interest and having maximum
representation from the ASA Community.

Kind regards,

Devika
Chair of the IDEA Chapter Steering Committee.

*The IDEA Chapter Steering Committee*
asa-idea.org