[ASA] Request for circulation: Working group update | 2026–35 Decadal Plan for Australian Astronomy

National Committee nc at science.org.au
Mon Feb 5 11:05:56 AEDT 2024

Dear Colleague,

We kindly request that the email below be circulated to the ASA mailing list, please.

Many thanks,
Swasti

Dear Australian astronomy community,

I hope this email finds you well. We are pleased to provide you with a brief update on the progress of the 2026–35 Decadal Plan for Australian Astronomy.

Membership Update:
We are delighted to announce an overwhelming response from the community, with approximately 110 individuals expressing interest in contributing to various working groups. This diverse group represents a wide range of institutions, fields, and demographics, showcasing the robust engagement of our community in shaping the future of Australian astronomy.

Working Group Chairs and Members:
After careful consideration, the potential Working Group Chairs and members have been selected and finalised. These individuals bring a wealth of expertise and passion to their respective roles, ensuring a comprehensive and inclusive approach to the decadal planning process. Please refer to the attached list for the working group chairs.

We sincerely thank everyone who has expressed interest and contributed to this significant undertaking.

Stay tuned for further updates as we progress through the planning stages. Your continued support and engagement are invaluable to the success of the 2026–35 Decadal Plan.

Best regards,

Professor Virginia Kilborn

Chair, National Committee for Astronomy

Sent by:
--
National Committees for Science Office
International Programs

Australian Academy of Science
Ngunnawal Country, Ian Potter House, 9 Gordon Street, Acton ACT 2601
GPO Box 783, Canberra ACT 2601
(02) 6201 9400<tel:(02)%206201%209400> | | nc at science.org.au<mailto:%20nc at science.org.au> | science.org.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VYOeCk81N9tkQ5qpZf2vvSB?domain=science.org.au>

> Follow us on social media<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/XiPcClx1Nji1ZXzvDC93CKp?domain=science.org.au>

[Click here to visit the page]<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/TGJ0CmO5glupnWRrGTBCoc1?domain=science.org.au>
The Academy acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Owners of the land on which the Academy is located, the Ngunnawal People, and to their elders, past and present.
We adopt flexible workplace practices. If you are receiving this email outside of your normal working hours, there is no expectation that you read or reply until your working hours.