[ASA] ANITA steering committee elections

Ilya Mandel ilya.mandel at monash.edu
Tue Feb 13 13:10:37 AEDT 2024

Dear colleagues:

We just completed a successful ANITA summer school and workshop at Monash.  Thanks one again to all of the organisers, lecturers, speakers and participants for a wonderful event (see https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/V5gqCYW8NocDRDE1AF0elb5?domain=anita.edu.au).  In particular, congratulations to J-P Macquart best student talk prize winner Megha Sharma and runners-up Priyam Das and Nicolas Rodriguez Segovia.

This, in turn, means that it’s time for the next round of ANITA steering committee elections.  You can find the current membership at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/QihcCZY1Nqi7Z7r4QsjbRPx?domain=anita.edu.au .
We have three steering committee members whose terms are ending this year, though they are all eligible to run for re-election.  The student representative position is up for re-election; again the current student representative is eligible to run again.  In addition, my second term as chair is coming to an end; I will not be running for re-election, but will be stepping down to become the "immediate past chair”, following the charter (see https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Cr0IC1WLPxc6y62zqFpmX2-?domain=anita.edu.au).

Since I am not participating in the election, I can act as returning officer.  Therefore, if you are interested in running for membership of the steering committee, the student representative position, or chair of the steering committee, please let me know via e-mail by Friday, March 1.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Ilya