[ASA] ANITA steering committee election results -- and ANITA 2025 news

Ilya Mandel ilya.mandel at monash.edu
Mon Mar 4 14:14:07 AEDT 2024

Dear ANITA members:

The number of candidates for open positions on the ANITA steering committee in response to my nominations request from 3 weeks ago matched the number of open slots, so we have the results without needing to run elections.

The new steering committee will consist of:

Chair:
Fiona Panther (UWA, through 2026)

Members:
Darren Croton (Swinburne, through 2026)
Mark Krumholz (ANU, through 2026)
Ryosuke Hirai (Monash, through 2026)
Greg Poole (ADACS/Swinburne, through 2025)
Amanda Karakas (Monash, through 2025)
Ilya Mandel (Monash, through 2025 as Past Chair)
Sabrina Berger (U Melbourne & ANU, Student Representative)

Welcome to Mark and Ryo as new steering committee members and big thanks to Ivo Seitenzahl and Thor Tepper Garcia for their contributions to ANITA.

It is a particular pleasure for to pass the baton to Fiona after serving as chair for the past 4 years.

You will receive future communications from Fiona, so let me sign off with one final update: the next ANITA summer school (on multi-physics hydro modelling) and workshop will be hosted by Mark Krumholz at ANU 27 January -- 4 February, 2025.  See you there!

Best wishes,
Ilya