[ASA] Sydney Horizon Educators - two education focused continuing positions

Tara Murphy tara.murphy at sydney.edu.au
Tue Mar 19 11:18:51 AEDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

the School of Physics at the University of Sydney are advertising two education focused continuing positions:

  *   Lecturer in Physics (Education Focused) Level B
  *   Senior Lecturer in Physics (Laboratory Supervisor/Director) (Education Focused) Level C

One of the successful candidates will take a leading role in running our experimental laboratory undergraduate teaching program and innovating within this program. The other will contribute to teaching innovation and curriculum development in areas including experimental laboratory, interdisciplinary physics, or computational physics teaching.

We are looking for someone with a PhD in any area of Physics, and a strong background in teaching. The positions come with $30k start-up funding to support education related activities.

Successful candidates will be expected to dedicate most of their contribution to teaching and teaching-related activities (70%), while also engaging in research (20%) and governance, leadership, and engagement (10%).

Please let me know if you have any questions about the positions, and click on the link below to apply:
Sydney Horizon Educators (Faculty of Science)<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/6A-3C6XQ4LfVAgnJWTp7Of_?domain=usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com>

Tara

--
For Head of School matters, please email physics.hos at sydney.edu.au<mailto:physics.hos at sydney.edu.au>