[ASA] MAST Summer Webinar on Time Domain Astronomy

Ben Montet b.montet at unsw.edu.au
Wed Mar 20 12:33:34 AEDT 2024

Hello all,

Please see below a message from Susan Mullally at the Mikulski Archive for Space Telescopes advertising a series of online workshops aimed towards gaining experience in analysing time-series photometric data (primarily, but not exclusively, stellar and planetary data) in the cloud. These are open to all but aimed towards towards early career researchers. Note in particular they are planning an Oceania-friendly timeslot if there is sufficient demand, so if you are keen sign up and encourage a friend to do the same!

Best,
Ben Montet
ASA Time Domain Astronomy Chapter Chair

----
In the coming months, the Mikulski Archive for Space Telescope (MAST) are offering a 6-week virtual webinar on TIKE, our cloud science platform. These will be short (hour-long), weekly, interactive sessions on using Python to access and analyze time-series data in our cloud platform; no downloads necessary! We’ll cover a wide range of topics, from APIs to machine learning, so these webinars will have something for everyone, regardless of skill level.

Note that registration is required<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/XofsC91WPRTRglwPrTobPqg?domain=forms.gle> to attend the live webinars. Materials, along with recordings of the sessions, will be sent to asynchronous registrants.

For the full schedule and agenda, please see the MAST Summer Webinar Homepage<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/zPoGC0YKPviJD7AlYTDoD6L?domain=archive.stsci.edu>.
This event is open to all: please feel free to share with colleagues or students who might be interested.

-Susan
----

Dr. Benjamin Montet
Scientia Senior Lecturer
School of Physics
UNSW Sydney

I am sending this message now because it is convenient for me. I don't expect that
you will read, respond to, or otherwise action it outside of your regular working hours.