[ASA] FW: Parliamentary Inquiry into Adopting AI - call for input

Stas Shabala stanislav.shabala at utas.edu.au
Mon Apr 15 12:57:52 AEST 2024

Dear ASA members,

Science and Technology Australia (STA) are calling for input to inform their submission to the Senate Select Committee on AI – details below.

While many aspects of the Senate committee’s Terms of Reference are not directly relevant to astronomy, aspects such as opportunities AI offers may be more in line with some of the work done in our community.

Sarah Brough has kindly agreed to coordinate a possible submission on behalf of the astronomy community. If you have relevant input, please email Sarah directly (s.brough at unsw.edu.au<mailto:s.brough at unsw.edu.au>) by COB Thursday 18 April.

Cheers,

Stas