[ASA] Conference to help keep the stars in the sky!

Marnie Ogg Marnie at darkskytraveller.com.au
Sun Apr 28 19:31:32 AEST 2024

Dear ASA Members,

Safeguarding the Night Sky at Valuing Darkness: A Symposium on Light Pollution Reduction

Do you want to connect with like-minded individuals and organisations dedicated to preserving our dark skies for future generations?

The Australasian Dark Sky Alliance invites you to join us in Melbourne for Valuing Darkness<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/eqPICE8wmrt16wR0jhNAkwc?domain=australasiandarkskyalliance.org>, a two-day symposium taking place on September 11th-12th. This event brings together astronomers, researchers, policy-makers and industry to delve into the challenges of light pollution and create strategies for protecting our celestial views.

By attending Valuing Darkness, you'll have the opportunity to:

🔭 Engage with leading experts and researchers in the field light pollution reduction
🔭 Network with fellow enthusiasts and share your passion for the night sky and the night environment
🔭 Learn about innovative technologies and initiatives aimed at preserving dark skies and promoting responsible lighting practices

Join us, and share this email, as we come together to celebrate the beauty of the night and chart a course towards a more sustainable future.

You can reserve your spot here<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/eqPICE8wmrt16wR0jhNAkwc?domain=australasiandarkskyalliance.org> or inquire about group discounts for astronomy clubs, please email outreach at ausdarksky.org.

Kind Regards,
Marnie

#ValuingDarkness #LightPollutionReduction #DarkSkyAlliance #AstronomyEnthusiasts #MelbourneEvent #StargazingCommunity

[cid:3bbfe9de-9fec-417a-88ec-52ecb3ec1519][cid:3a1e37bc-18c4-4793-b0be-39d56ed5fae2]

MARNIE OGG
Director & Founder

M: +61 417 689 003
W: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/USKdCGv0oyCWLrjO9T7jJPF?domain=darkskytraveller.com.au<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/DgSECJyBrGfpQk0AoszXcg7?domain=darkskytraveller.com.au> | W: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/sPaoCK1DvKT8rQ3MkhAvLjb?domain=australasiandarkskyalliance.org<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/dAPBCL7EwMfNY0Ew2HjDbl8?domain=australasiandarkskyalliance.org>

E: marnie at darkskytraveller.com.au<mailto:marnie at darkskytraveller.com.au>

Dark Sky Traveller and the Australasian Dark Sky Alliance acknowledges the First Peoples of Australia and Aotearoa/New Zealand as the rightful custodians and traditional owners of lands and skies.

We pay respect to elders, past, present and emerging who safeguard this foundation to First Peoples' connections to land and sky.