Freda Du Faur: Climbs
There seems to be no list of Freda's climbs and first ascents on the web!
Presumably she put a list in her book though I haven't seen a copy.
Sally Irwin's book "Between Heaven and Earth" doesn't have a list of climbs,
nor a chronology, nor a family tree (I get so confused reading biographies!).
So here is a list of first ascents [to be checked].
Freda's First Ascents (15 in only four climbing seasons!)
These are first ascents of a route, not necessarily the peak.
* Mt Sealy(2639m), via north face. With Peter Graham.
* The Minarets(3056m), via Ranfury Gl. w/ PG. L. Earle, B. Spencer
* Malte Brun(3159m), via full west ridge. w/ PG, LE
* Mt Annette(2242m), via Sebastapol ridge. w/ PG
* Mt Darby(2528m), via NW ridge. w/ PG
* Mt Chudleigh(2954m)[High peak], via NW ridge. w/ H. Chambers, J. Murphy
* Du Faur Pk(2333m), via E ridge. w/ PG
* Nazomi(2913m), via Noeline couloir. w/ PG, Alex Graham
* Mt Dampier(3443m), S ridge. w/ PG, C. Milne
* Marcel Col(2989m) from Plateau Gl. w/PG, CM
* Lean Pk(2364m), S ridge from Copland Pass, w/ PG (March?)
* Pibrac(2516m), via W ridge. w/ PG
* The GT, Mt. Cook(3766m) Low peak(3595m), via NW couloir.
w/ PG, Darby Thompson
* Cadogan Pk(2349m), via E ridge. w/ PG
* Aguilles Rouge(2913), via NE flank. w/ PG
* From "The Mount Cook Guidebook", Hugh Logan, NZAC, 1987
(Check against BHAE and Fredas book]
The first traverse of Mt Sefton
The first woman to climb Malte Brun, Mt Tasman, Lendenfeld and
Last modified: Tue Jun 12 03:57:44 EST 2001