I.H. Cairns: Teaching Experience
University of Sydney
- Solar and Space Physics. Course for Honours undergraduates and postgraduates.
- 1999, second semester:
in conjunction with Drs Mike Wheatland and Andrew Willes. Please view the
homepage for the course materials.
These include the course structure (Lecture 1), syllabus, and notes.
- 2000, first semester, in conjunction
with Drs Wheatland and Willes again. Please view the
Year 2000 homepage for the course materials.
These include the course structure (Lecture 0), syllabus, and notes.
- 2003, second semester:
in conjunction with Dr Mike Wheatland. Notes not placed on the web.
- Concepts and Issues in Physical Science. Arts
Faculty course for undergraduates.
- 2003, second semester. Taught the
Quantum Physics segment. Teachers of other segments
were Drs Chris Dey and Gordon Robertson.
University of Iowa
- Modern Astronomy (29:50)> Course for non-major undergraduates.
I taught this course in the Spring 1996 semester, as well as twice as a
substitute lecturer with Professor
Gurnett (Fall 1988 and Fall 1990 - approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of lectures
each time). From the home page for my sections
of the 1996 course students can read
the course syllabus, get updates on course schedules (labs,
tutorials, clear sky patrol), and review the PowerPoint outlines
used in lecture.
- General Astronomy (29:61). Course for undergraduates in their majors.
In the Fall 1986 semester I substituted for Professor Gurnett in
teaching this course (approximately 1/5 to 1/4 of lectures).
- Mechanics of Continua (29:211). Postgraduate course.
In the Spring 1987 and 1990 semesters Professor Gurnett taught
this course with myself as the substitute lecturer (approximately
1/4 of lectures).
Return to home page