[ASA] Invitation - University of Sydney, 2023 Stibbs Lecture presented by Prof Emily Levesque

Marie Partridge marie.partridge at sydney.edu.au
Tue Apr 4 14:35:22 AEST 2023

Dear ASA Moderators,

Please could you circulate the invitation below to the ASA Exploder. This is for the 2023 Stibbs Lecture on Tue 2 May presented by Prof Emily Levesque, University of Washington. This is a public lecture. (You should be able to cut and paste the invitation)

Any issues, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Marie

2023 Stibbs Lecture
Invitation - The Last Stargazers: True Stories and Adventures of Astronomy
Presented by Professor Emily Levesque,
University of Washington
[The University of Sydney]
[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/1JsbCXLW2mU4460gOI6BL5i?domain=d31hzlhk6di2h5.cloudfront.net]

Good afternoon
You're invited to join us on Tuesday 2 May 2023 for the 2023 Stibbs Lecture - The Last Stargazers: True Stories and Adventures of Astronomy<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/3rCkCYW8NocDD0OvAFGQE5-?domain=t.e2ma.net> presented by Professor Emily Levesque, from the University of Washington.
Would you brave blizzards, gunfire, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions to study the stars?
>From a breathtaking flight through the Antarctic stratosphere to wild bears loose in the observatory, this evening of storytelling and science will take you on a sweeping behind-the-scenes tour of today's most exciting astronomical discoveries and the people who make them.
We hope you can join us!

Kind regards,

Professor Joss Bland-Hawthorn
Director, Sydney Institute for Astronomy
Faculty of Science, The University of Sydney

The Professor Walter Stibbs Lectureship commemorates the achievements of Professor Stibbs through an annual lecture by a distinguished astronomer of international standing.

Event details