[ASA] Congratulations Matthew Bailes!

John Lattanzio john.lattanzio at monash.edu
Wed May 31 09:48:03 AEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

Please join me in offering our congratulations to OzGrav Director Matthew
Bailes who has just shared the 2023 Shaw Prize in Astronomy!
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/rnYkC0YKPvikY62qBswbAjZ?domain=iau.org>   The prize was
awarded for the discovery of Fast Radio Bursts.

Matthew shares the prize with Professors Duncan Lorimer and Maura
McLaughlin from West Virginia University, USA.

Well done Matthew, Parkes and all who were involved!

John Lattanzio

--
*I'm an LGBTIQ Ally**      -     Find out more at **https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/EtFCCgZ0N1iq4VlOyFo7JjR?domain=monash.edu
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/BdQcCjZ1N7iYZpjKmc5GU9T?domain=monash.edu>

Professor John Lattanzio
President, Astronomical Society of Australia

School of Physics and Astronomy
Monash University Victoria 3800 AUSTRALIA

Ph:  +61 (0)3 9905-4428
WWW: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/zqpfCk81N9tkomn8Bs9BN6K?domain=users.monash.edu.au <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/TUFNClx1Nji16go0ET1l3h2?domain=maths.monash.edu.au>
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/vXtlCmO5glupkE5BliDWTSZ?domain=orcid.org

---------

"*When you arrive in Heaven, you’ll have to leave your dog outside the
gate. That’s because Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would
stay out and your dog would go in.*"   Mark Twain

Mr Twain is no fool. He may serve Her Majesty Queen Minkah I.
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/prTPCnx1jniXrMGADSpnyFR?domain=minkah.net>