[ASA] CSIRO Space and Astronomy Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships

Hollow, Robert (S&A, Marsfield) Robert.Hollow at csiro.au
Mon Jul 10 09:46:02 AEST 2023

Dear Colleagues

CSIRO Space and Astronomy is offering 16 projects for undergraduate students to work with us over the summer.

Students will have the chance to work on a real project in a range of fields including  astrophysics, space, earth observation, engineering and science communication. Placements are full time and will be from 20 November 2023 to 9 February 2024 (although there may be some flexibility).  Students may also undertake an observing trip to or remotely observe on the Australian Telescope Compact Array in Narrabri, NSW.

Project details and to apply online please visit:

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/sHAlCANpgjCZJWQoQIGtFu-?domain=jobs.csiro.au

Location: Sydney, Parkes Observatory Visitors Centre, Perth and Canberra (refer to the project list above for specific details). Travel support is available for successful applicants.
Stipend:  $1,774.77 per fortnight
Duration:  Placements are full time from 20 November 2023 to 9 February 2024
Reference: 93674

Applications Close
Monday 7 August 2023, 11:00pm AEST
Apply now »<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/r9FRCBNqjlCDJ4GmGT6OOYh?domain=jobs.csiro.au>

Please distribute this within your networks and encourage eligible undergraduates to apply.

For further details visit the website or contact me.

Regards

Robert Hollow (he/him)
Education Manager
Student Coordinator
Space & Astronomy |  CSIRO

National Astronomy Education Coordinator for IAU OAE
Committee Member of IAU Commission C1 Astronomy Education and Development

E robert.hollow at csiro.au<mailto:robert.hollow at csiro.au>
T +61 2 9372 4247
M 0412 890 472

PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710 Australia

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/0z_jCD1vlpTorV9m9IA_ybV?domain=csiro.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/HALKCE8wmrtloD7G7HPCiTa?domain=csiro.au> | https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/uTfRCGv0oyCBZM7l7Ckeh2D?domain=atnf.csiro.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/8aCzCJyBrGfBLYJzJCOHQ1z?domain=atnf.csiro.au>

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

Please note, if I send you an email outside reasonable work hours I’m doing so because it’s convenient for me. In the spirit of encouraging work life balance I look forward to a response if appropriate at a time that suits you.

CSIRO Australia’s National Science Agency  |  csiro.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/WUC5CK1DvKTDxnowoToshF6?domain=csiro.au>