[ASA] AAT 50th Anniversary Symposium - First Announcement [SEC=OFFICIAL]

Watson, Fred Fred.Watson at industry.gov.au
Fri Jan 19 13:14:57 AEDT 2024

OFFICIAL

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the Science Organising Committee, I am pleased to announce a Symposium on 2-4 October 2024 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of the Anglo-Australian Telescope. The Symposium will be held at Siding Spring Observatory, Coonabarabran, NSW, and will highlight the telescope's past achievements, present status and future plans. It will be followed on 4-5 October by a celebration edition of the annual Coonabarabran StarFest.

Presenters will be a mixture of keynote, invited and contributing speakers. Attendance at the Symposium will be in-person only, but proceedings will be recorded and available online. There will be no registration fee.

A brief first announcement is now online at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Sz9uC1WLPxc6glQ7JcLavLU?domain=mso.anu.edu.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/pqTGC2xMQziVrgDN5H1RsWi?domain=mso.anu.edu.au>. It includes a pre-registration form where we invite you to signify your interest. A full registration form will follow in due course.

We would be grateful if you would forward the link to other colleagues who might be interested. And apologies if you receive this message more than once. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,

Fred Watson
SOC Chair

Professor Fred Watson AM
Astronomer-at-Large<https://www.industry.gov.au/science-technology-and-innovation/space-and-astronomy/professor-fred-watson>
Australian Government
Department of Industry, Science and Resources
Astronomy | Science & Technology

Fred.watson at industry.gpv.au<mailto:Fred.watson at industry.gpv.au>
P: +61 2 9372 4832 | M: +61 420 897 860
105 Delhi Road.