[ASA] Science meets Parliament: call for nominations

Stas Shabala stanislav.shabala at utas.edu.au
Tue Jan 30 12:45:31 AEDT 2024

Dear ASA members,

Science and Technology Australia (STA) are again organising Science meets Parliament in 2024.

This year’s event will be held in person in Canberra over two days, 20-21 March.

SmP is an opportunity to receive training in policy engagement and communication, and to advocate for astronomy in a meeting with a member of the Federal parliament.

The ASA is a member of STA and we are looking for two ASA delegates, with costs covered by the ASA.

This email is to ask for volunteers to attend this meeting. If you are interested, please send me a brief summary of why you are the best person to represent the ASA and your colleagues to parliamentarians.

Please send me your nominations before 15 February. Attendees will be asked to report back on their experience.

Further information on SmP is available here<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/KBAAC81V0PTXKkw6nUnCa45?domain=scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au>.

Best wishes,

Stas

A/Prof Stas Shabala
(he/him/his)
President, Astronomical Society of Australia
Discipline of Physics | School of Natural Sciences | College of Science and Engineering
University of Tasmania