[ASA] Conference: Evolution of Dust and Gas throughout Cosmic Time

Andrew Battisti Andrew.Battisti at anu.edu.au
Fri Mar 1 10:37:00 AEDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the upcoming “Evolution of Dust and Gas throughout Cosmic Time” conference, set to take place on December 9-13, 2024, in the beautiful city of Hiroshima, Japan. This conference aims to focus on the latest advancements in our understanding of star formation, active galactic nuclei (AGN), and the interstellar medium (ISM), and their evolution across cosmic time. We look forward to your participation.

Scientific Rationale
In recent years, our view of star formation, active galactic nuclei (AGN), the dusty interstellar medium (ISM), and their connection over cosmic time has been revolutionized thanks to technological advances in infrared and submillimeter facilities such as JWST and ALMA. Recent observations now enable direct comparisons of ISM properties from z=0 to the early Universe, from resolved studies to direct observations of dust and gas in different phases. At the same time, simulations have made significant progress in their ability to include the physics of a multi-phase ISM, as well as interstellar dust.  Therefore, it is now timely to bring together observers and theorists  to discuss new insights and findings on linking dust and gas properties of galaxies observed at different scales and cosmic times, as we prepare for the exciting years ahead. The main goals are to discuss the state of our knowledge about:

  *   Evolution of dust and metals from the local Universe to high redshifts
  *   Galaxy growth and resolved studies of star formation and AGN
  *   Interpretations of new observations and constraints for the latest simulations
  *   Future prospects of infrared astronomy

Website
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/nZn7CANpgjCZw7k10FG83cz?domain=dg2024.hasc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp

Important Dates
Mark your calendars for the key dates below:

  *   Abstract Deadline: Friday, June 28th
  *   Registration Deadline for Presenters: Friday, September 6th
  *   General Registration Deadline: Late October

Location
Hiroshima, our chosen conference venue, is a city with a powerful history. Situated within convenient reach from Tokyo, Japan’s bustling capital, Hiroshima offers a unique blend of cultural significance and contemporary charm. While it stands as a poignant symbol of resilience and peace, Hiroshima also boasts picturesque landscapes, modern amenities, and delicious food! Traveling from Tokyo to Hiroshima is both convenient and efficient, with options including high-speed Shinkansen trains, which take you from the heart of Tokyo to Hiroshima in just a few hours. Whether you’re drawn to explore Hiroshima’s iconic landmarks or eager to immerse yourself in its vibrant culture, our conference provides the perfect opportunity to experience the warmth and allure of this remarkable city.

Contact
SOC: dg2024-soc at ml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp<mailto:dg2024-soc at ml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp>
LOC: dg2024-loc at ml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp<mailto:dg2024-loc at ml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp>

We kindly ask you to share this announcement with anyone who might be interested in attending the conference. We apologize if you receive this email more than once; our aim is to ensure that all interested parties have the opportunity to participate in this enriching event.

Warm regards,
On behalf of the SOC:
Andrew Battisti
Veronique Buat