[ASA] [ASA2024] Abstract reminder + submission categories

Hotan, Aidan (S&A, Kensington WA) Aidan.Hotan at csiro.au
Wed Apr 17 16:25:40 AEST 2024

Hi everyone,

This is a final reminder about the pending closure of ASA2024 abstract submission, which will be at 17:00 AWST on Friday, April 19th 2024. As previously noted: there is no plan for any significant extension to the communicated deadline, so please ensure to get your abstracts in by this time.

For abstract submission info and more, see:

https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/ZJ5eC5QPXJiggqjGWHz9sm-?domain=icrar.org

This year we are accepting abstracts for several different types of content (Sparkler, Research, Review and International Connection) - and you're free to choose the format that suits you best! Many of the abstracts that we have received so far fall into the 10-min Research talk category, so we would like to encourage everyone to consider alternative formats as well. Having a good mix of content makes the meeting more vibrant for everyone.

We were extremely impressed with the Sparkler talks at previous Annual Science Meetings and as a bit of extra motivation, we will be offering prizes for the best Sparkler talks (across multiple categories) this year as well! Sparkler talks don't necessarily have to be research-focused - if you're new to the field or looking to build a new collaboration, you could simply outline your research interests or advertise your idea in a short-form video that will have good visibility across the entire community. In addition to the sparkler content, we will be accepting accompanying poster submissions - but you don't have to submit a traditional text-oriented poster. Posters could be a simple image, infographic, or even a short slide deck exported as PDF. You can also submit more than one abstract, e.g. a Research talk and a Sparkler that summarises it. Feel free to be creative!

We're also looking for Review talk submissions across a breadth of topics. Presenting a concise overview of a research field can be challenging, but these kinds of talks are of great benefit to others in the community and can spark lots of interesting discussion. What are the most important unanswered questions? Where are the hidden links between existing topics? Review talks help anchor the meeting by providing context for other content. If you have been involved with any review papers recently, that would also make for a great topic for one of these talks!

Finally, for anyone feeling especially creative or excited about the possibilities of this year's primarily-online format, we are accepting submissions for International time-zone connection sessions. With a whole hour to use, these are intended to be events unto themselves, which could link the ASA to other societies, communities or institutions of relevance around the world. And if you have other ideas for a longer-format event that doesn't necessarily fit the general theme of international connection, we'd still love to hear about it!

As shared previously, you can directly submit your abstracts here:

https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/GUdiC6XQ4LfVVQOKGF6QXTx?domain=app.oxfordabstracts.com

If you have any questions or suggestions, you can reach the entire NOC at the ASA Slack channel: #asm-help<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/maZKC71R2NTEE3pkWUB1mD-?domain=app.slack.com> (preferred), or alternatively get in contact with the ASM co-chairs Vanessa and Clancy.

Thanks, and we look forward to your submissions,

Aidan

On behalf of the ASA2024 ASM NOC and SOC