[ASA] decadal plan town hall on galaxies: local universe to z=1, Friday 19th April

Scott Croom scott.croom at sydney.edu.au
Thu Apr 18 11:51:43 AEST 2024

Dear all,
                This is a reminder for the townhall meeting this week for decadal plan working group 1.1 (Galaxies and Cosmology).    The focus for this session will be “Galaxies: from the local Universe to z=1”.  Contact details, including zoom link are below:

  *   Galaxies: From the local Universe to z=1. Friday 19th April 4-5pm AEST (Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Brisbane) 3:30pm-4:30pm ACST (Adelaide), 2-3pm AWST (Perth). Leaders: Luca Cortese, Katie Grasha, Jesse van de Sande https://uni-sydney.zoom.us/j/83822641892?pwd=UlcvNU1iRXpRMDY0VnFtclpkVW9rZz09&from=addon

The aim of this townhall meeting is to get wide community input as we look to i) report progress since the last decadal plan ii) identify the big question where progress can be made in the coming decade; iii) identify capabilities needed; iv) identify opportunities and threats.

There is an ASA hosted slack channel: decadal-wg1-1-townhall (link: https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/ZIcACK1DvKT88lgZJHMVMXB?domain=asa-comms.slack.com) that we will use as part of the discussion in this meeting.  Slides for the meeting will be posted on this channel prior to the meeting, so please review these if you have the chance.

Regards
Scott (for WG 1.1)

PROFESSOR SCOTT CROOM
Sydney Institute for Astronomy
School of Physics | Faculty of Science
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 351, School of Physics, A28 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9036 5311  | F +61 2 9351 7726
E scott.croom at sydney.edu.au<mailto:scott.croom at sydney.edu.au>  | W sydney.edu.au/science/people/scott.croom<http://sydney.edu.au/science/people/scott.croom>
CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.