The MOST Supernova Remnant Catalogue (MSC) is a catalogue of supernova remnants (SNRs) in the southern Galaxy within the area 245 deg <= l <= 355 deg , |b| < 1.5 deg. It was produced from observations made at 0.843 GHz with a resolution of 43" using the Molonglo Observatory Synthesis Telescope (MOST). Here we present on-line images from the MSC. For full details, refer to the published version of the catalogue (J.B.Z. Whiteoak & A.J. Green, A&A Suppl. Ser., 118, 329-380 ).
Click on the links below to access the catalogue (FITS, PS and JPEG formats can all be downloaded from these pages):
- Previously known SNRs (MSC.A)
- Newly discovered SNRs (MSC.B)
- All SNRs in MSC (MSC.A + MSC.B)
Possible SNRs (MSC.C; table only - no images available)
- Photo gallery (JPEG format only):
- Gallery A (245 deg <= l <= 301 deg; 14 JPEG images, ~20 kB each)
- Gallery B (302 deg <= l <= 317 deg; 14 JPEG images, ~20 kB each)
- Gallery C (318 deg <= l <= 329 deg; 14 JPEG images, ~20 kB each)
- Gallery D (330 deg <= l <= 340 deg; 14 JPEG images, ~20 kB each)
- Gallery E (341 deg <= l <= 355 deg; 14 JPEG images, ~20 kB each)
- All SNRs in MSC (70 JPEG images; 1500 kB total)
If you use any images or data from the catalogue in your publication, please cite:
- J.B.Z. Whiteoak & A.J. Green, A&AS, 118, 329 (1996) (on-line version at http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/astrop/wg96cat)
and include the acknowledgement:
- ``The MOST is operated by the University of Sydney with support from the Australian Research Council and the Science Foundation for Physics within the University of Sydney.''
For all scientific queries regarding this catalogue, please contact Anne Green.
For all comments relating to the WWW implementation of this catalogue, contact Bryan Gaensler.